I used to make these when I was in elementary school. They are so fun and easy to make. The also make the perfect late afternoon pick me up snack. This recipe is based on this one. (Scroll down to end of post).
Makes: About 24
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 bag of Cadbury’s Mini Eggs
- 2 or 3 Bars of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk (or any chocolate bar of choice)
- Shredded Wheat cereal (brand of your choice)
- Cupcake Liners
- Gallon Storage Bag
- Peanut Butter (optional)
- 2 Bowls (preferably a heat-safe); one to melt chocolate and one to mix cereal in
- Cupcake tin (to make it easier to spoon mixture into liners; this is also optional)
Melt bars of chocolate (& peanut butter). You can use either the double-boiler method or in the microwave. I used the microwave to save time and it’s much easier. If using microwave, melt chocolate in intervals of 30 seconds. You’ll only have to zap it a few times before chocolate is all melted 🙂
- Pour Shredded Wheat cereal in gallon bag, seal, and crush. Try to keep it in bigger chunks so it comes together easier when chocolate is added.
- Mix chocolate (peanut butter) together with crushed cereal in bowl.
- Once combined and covered, spoon cereal/chocolate mixture into cupcake liners.
- Top with Mini Eggs. I put 3 eggs in the nests.
- Let cool/set and enjoy!