I have been watching this tag all over YouTube lately and thought this would be the perfect thing for me to put on here. I have been on a huge skincare kick the past half a year and so I have been loving watching people’s skincare routines and the products they have been using. I thought this would be the perfect way to let you guys know what I like to use and about my skincare regime.
The tag consists of 12 questions, so let’s get into it 🙂
- What is your skin type?: My skin is normal to oily with dry spells seasonally. Right now, I am experiencing one of those. Right around my eyes, the skin is parched and screaming for moisture. I also have sensitive skin. I get very red in certain parts, like around my nose. Also after applying products. Lastly, my skin is very acne-prone and has been since I was in 8th grade.
- How do you store your products?: I store my products in a plastic tub on my bathroom counter. I also store some in my room in a plastic tub. I don’t have a lot of room, so I just work with what I got.
- What is your favorite ingredient?: Right now, benzoyl peroxide. It has become my best friend in the last couple of weeks. It has been the only ingredient in skincare that has cleared, or kept at bay, a breakout I have been having for two months. I also really like anything that has a soothing or hydrating effect.
- What your most indulgent ($$$) product?: Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Oil-Free Renewal Cream. It is $43.00, but soo worth it. It is the most hydrating moisturizer I own, and you only need a tiny bit. So, it lasts a long time.
- What is your best budget buy?: Well, I mentioned one of them in the last question. The Origins Night-A-Mins. Even though it costs a pretty penny, it really is worth it. Because you only need a tiny amount, it will last forever. Another one I would have to say is The Body Shop Tea Tree Mask. I bought this over a month ago and I still have a ton of it.
- Do you use any skincare tools?: I do use a couple tools. I use the Clinique Sonic Brush. I find that it cleans my skin better than my hands. It also cleans deeper into the pores. The other tool I use is the e.l.f. Mask tool. I use it mainly to apply a thin layer of the masks instead of my hands. It’s a mess-free process then.
- What is your best mask?: My best mask is the The Body Shop Tea Tree Mask. I just find that it keeps my breakouts at bay. I also like that it has a cooling and heating sensation. It just feels like it’s working with these.
- What is your best multi-use product?: I just started using it, but Rose-hip oil. I did some research before buying it and found that it does so much. I purchased it mainly to help with my acne scarring and discoloration. I have also tried it on my scalp and hair and have been using it in lieu of a moisturizer at night.
- What is your number one brand?: I have a couple. One is Origins. I just love everything I have tried from it, except for one product but that was because the scent was really harsh and made my eyes water. The other brand is Dove. I use mainly the brand’s body washes and just find that they moisturize and clean my body the best. I will venture out and try other, but I just end up coming back to the brand.
- What is your best spot treatment?: I have tried tons and tons of spot treatments over the years because I have been dealing with acne for a very long time. But the best one I have tried so far is the newest one in my collection. It is the Clean and Clear Persa-Gel with benzoyl peroxide. Nothing compares to it. A close second would have to be the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I had to stop using it though because it wasn’t working/helping my breakouts.
- What is your favorite step in your skincare routine?: I love the whole process and pampering my skin, but I would either have to say masking or moisturizing. But moisturizing is the top between the two of those 🙂
- What is on your skincare wishlist?: I have so many brands and products on my wishlist. Right now, I want to try the Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Mask and the Cucumber Eye Patches. I also want to try anything from Fresh, First Aid Beauty (I have tried a few, but want to try more), and Sunday Riley. A lot of the stuff from these lines are soo expensive and I probably won’t ever get the chance to try anything, unless they want to send me stuff (*hint hint nudge nudge*) :p
I hope you enjoyed this little fun post about skincare. I would love for you to answer all or some of these questions in the comments below. Also, if you want to see where I got the inspiration check out either Allana Davison’s video or Elanna Percherle’s video on YouTube.