This blog post & featured shop widgets contain affiliate links and/or gifted items. Affiliate links and/or gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) for clarity. Read the disclaimer page about this blog’s affiliate link policy here.
Yes, I am going to do the overdone, ever popular ‘What I Got For My Birthday’ post. I just wanted to share with you guys all the goodies I got. Most I bought for myself (it’s okay to treat yourself and I treated myself well this year), but there are some things I received from others. I also want to say, I am in no way trying to rub it in or show off.
Here is what I received:
Universal Thread Backpack Purse: I have been wanting a bigger purse that is also not bulky and a pain to lug around. But then I got to thinking that I would also like to replace the backpack purse I had a year ago with a new one that (fingers-crossed) won’t break on me. Then I found this one. The best part of this purse is that it can be both a backpack and a shoulder bag. It’s like having two purses in one!
Vans Old Skool Sneakers: I have been wanting a pair of these FOREVER. I have been eyeing and coveting others who have these for just as long, if not longer. I finally said to myself that this is the year to get them. So I did! And I can’t wait to wear them.
Amazon Gift Card: My uncle and grandma gave me an Amazon gift card and I promptly went and bought things for my Bullet Journal. I had been window shopping and adding things to my wishlist here and there and decided that the gift card would be best spent on the Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens, Tombow Dual Brush Pens (Galaxy), and Kuretake Zig Twin Tip Pens. I am super happy that I have these in my possession now because I can now make my Bujo super pretty, lolz.
The Duff & You Are a Badass: My friend always, well not always, gets me books for my birthday. It’s just a tradition. We were talking one day over text about The Duff and how I hadn’t read it yet. Sure enough, I think a couple days later, I receive a package in the mail from her (And every time it’s a total surprise to me, which I guess is the point). Not only did it include The Duff, but it also included a book that has been on my wishlist for quite some time You Are a Badass. Can’t wait to read both.
Sephora Order: The following products are what I ordered from Sephora and of course every year I need to take advantage of that birthday perk (this year is was products from Bite Beauty).
- Karuna Clean Mud Charcoal Face Mask: I had heard good things about this skincare brand, so I thought I would try a product from the line.
- NEST Citrine: If you’ve been here awhile, you might remember the time I raved about this perfume. I had received a sample in one of my PLAY! by Sephora boxes and instantly fell in love with it. I then bought a coffret sampler set with this particular perfume in it. I finally decided to take the plunge, treat myself, and buy a full-size bottle. It’s gorgeous, isn’t it?
- invisibobble SLIM: I honestly just bought these because I was curious about the SLIM part. They are just smaller versions of the original. Plus, I can always use hair ties.
- The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer: This wasn’t exactly the product from The Ordinary I was dying to try, but the one I wanted was out of stock (in fact, it came back into stock today and promptly was out of stock again when I went on the Sephora website, so boo). Anywho, I figured I would buy this because I’m working on a post for you guys that involves primers. It would have gone up this month, but it’s turning out to be more work than I anticipated. Look out for it, though, soon.
- Sephora Collection Contour Blush Palette: I have the bronzer palette and so I thought I would get its companion. Plus I need some more blush and this palette had some really pretty colors that I can’t wait to try and play with.
- Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Light Mini: You all know that I have raved about this product. I decided to get the light version because my hair is so fine and I felt that the original version was weighing my hair down.
- Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo: Since I love the brand so much, I thought I would try out another product from it. I use soo much product in my hair during the week, I thought I would try out a clarifying shampoo to see if I like how it works. I’ll keep you posted.
- First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer Mini: Again, this is for the post I mentioned above. Also, I heard good things about it and thought it was about time I tried it out.
Ulta Order: Finally, I ordered stuff from Ulta. Again, I was taking advantage of the birthday perks.
- Makeup Revolution Fortune Favors the Brave Palette: I have been eyeing up this palette for a very long time and it turns out that Ulta was having a great deal on Makeup Revolution (Buy 2, get 1 free). Had to take advantage since I was buying two other palettes (mentioned later).
- Real Techniques Brush Crush 302 Blush Brush & 301 Foundation Brush: I COULD NOT resist getting these gorgeous, Instagram worthy makeup brushes. First, they are my favorite color. Second, they are glittery. Who doesn’t love glitter? Plus, I’m obsessed with this brand. Absolutely LOVE their brushes.
- Benefit Badgal Bang Mascara: I bought this mainly because I have a blog post idea that I want to do. The other reason…Everyone and their mom is talking about this new Benefit mascara.
- Makeup Revolution Sophx Ultra 24 Eyeshadow Palette & Highlighter Palette: I have literally been waiting months for these two beauties to come to the U.S. I absolutely love Soph’s YouTube channel, and her of course. So, naturally I had to support her and buy both these palettes.
- Ardell Magnetic Lashes in Demi Wispies: I am rubbish at putting on fake lashes. The glue gets everywhere and I think I’m just not all that coordinated at applying them. Believe me I’ve tried! When I saw that Ardell made magnetic lashes, I was intrigued. I had to buy them and try them out for you guys. We will see how it goes.
- Ulta Beauty Honey Peel-Off Mask: I literally bought this just because I wanted to do a peel-off mask, lolz. I’m hoping it won’t irritate my sensitive skin.
That is the whole shebang! That’s all folks! Let’s just say I had a pretty good birthday. Again, I didn’t do this to show off. I just wanted to share with you all what I got. Let me know if you like these kinds of posts and what you have your eye on for your birthday. I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for reading!