I thought I would do a little, fun post that combines both topics I talk about on this here blog. I was not the original creator of this tag. I actually got the idea from Ariel Bisset on YouTube. But you’ll find many have done this tag before 🙂
Let’s get started, shall we?
- The primer I use the most is the CoverGirl BB Cream. I like the coverage it gives, very light, and I can apply it to my whole face instead of the problem areas I have. It also keeps my skin looking dewy and not oily, which is great for these spring and summer months.
- The book that left a lasting impression on me was Night by Elie Wiesel. If I remember right, it’s about his time in a ghetto during the beginning of the Holocaust. Being that I am Jewish, this is probably a stereotypical book for me to read. But I think I would have picked up this book regardless. Elie was insightful and poetic and it showed through the book. It’s just one of those books you have to read.
- The foundation I use the most, especially right now is the L’oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation. I just like that it’s compact and is a cushion. I also like that it is a lighter coverage. Can you tell I don’t like a lot of makeup on my face?
- My favorite first book in a series would have to be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I know, I know! What a shocker. This is probably lot’s of peoples’ favorite first book. This book actually solidified the kind of books I gravitate towards now. I love dystopian/futuristic/fantasy books.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is my all-time favorite concealer. It is on the more expensive side, but it’s totally worth the money. It covers everything while also feeling light on the skin.
- The character I wish I could get rid of in a book is Sebastian from the The Mortal Instruments Series. He shows up towards the end, but I immediately hated this character. He is just the worst and I would tell you more than that, but I think it would give away the plot points in the story.
- I haven’t tried a whole lot of powders out, but I have found that I’m using the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot powder the most. I just like that it’s soo finely milled that it feels like nothing on the skin. It keeps me looking less oily and is a great one to just throw in your bag for touch-ups during the day.
- My favorite last book in a series is, surprise surprise, the last book in the The Mortal Instruments series. I just like that it tied everything up in a bow in the end. It was such an action-packed book from the beginning, you just kind of needed a calmer ending.
- My go-to brow product is Benefit Gimme Brow. This is the best stuff if you’re a ‘no-fuss’ kind of person when it comes to filling in your brows. I hate sitting there for soo long just trying to make my brows look good. This stuff is perfect for me because of the little tiny fibers in the product. They fill my brows as well as tint them. All I have to do is swipe it on and I’m out the door.
- I think everyone should read Speak by…I read this years ago and immediately it impacted me. This is saying a lot because I was in high school and there weren’t a ton of books that impacted me back then. However, don’t ask me what it was about because I vaguely remember. I think it might be about a person with depression, but like I said don’t quote me on that.
- Anything from ColourPop. Their eye shadows are some of the best ones I’ve used. They feel like a cream, but are actually powder. That’s how finely milled they are. They are also sooo pigmented. I just love them.
- The book that has my favorite colors on the cover is Bloom by Estée Lalonde. I just love how simple the cover is with the teal blue and white. It looks great on my shelf.
- I do not use eyeliner, so therefore I do not have a favorite.
- The best, in my opinion, dark and mysterious book is Night Film by Marisha Pessl. I read this a couple years ago and fell in love. Basically, the main character in it keeps seeing a girl who died everywhere they go. The whole time I was reading this book, I had the chills.
- ColourPop Super Shock Cheek in Quarters is my favorite because it gives me just a wash of color. I try not to go overboard on the blush, which is entirely possible with this one because it’s soo pigmented. But if you’re good at what you’re doing, which I am not most times, this blush will do the trick for those minimal makeup days.
- The most cringy romance I ever read in a book were the ones in the The Mortal Instruments series. The first of which is the Malec romance. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Malec relationship but there were times I found myself rolling my eyes or cringing at it. The other one in this series is the one between Clary and Jace. It’s just too much.
- My favorite highlighter is the one in the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Cheek Palette in Peachy Glow. It is pigmented, which means you need very little. But for me, I like to know that my highlighter is showing. The texture of it isn’t my favorite, but I can get over that.
- The book that brightened my day was Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham. I am a huge Gilmore Girls fan, so reading this book always brightened my day. Just reading about her time on the show and her time in the business that we call show was the best. I won’t go on because I have already done a post on this book.
- There are soo many I could talk about here, but I’d have to say my favorite is the Lancome Juicy Shakers. My favorite in particular is in the shade MeliMelon. I love that the glossy lip is coming back and this is the perfect shade and formula for that. I love that it stains the lip and keeps my lips hydrated.
- My favorite book kiss is, of course, the Malec kiss in the The Mortal Instruments series. Need I say more? It’s also my favorite from the show, Shadowhunters 🙂
- My favorite contouring product is the Urban Decay Beached Bronze powder in Sun-Kissed. Now, I don’t really contour, but I do apply this in the hollows of my cheeks in more of a brush on quickly sorta of way. It’s got a little bit of sparkle, so I don’t like to overdo it.
- The book that I think needs a little shaping is Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne. Now I know this is a play and is a fan-fiction, but I just think the plot needed a little bit of work. It just seemed kind of blah. I do like it, but I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite from this universe.
I hope this was fun to read and gave you some book ideas. Let me know what books and products you would choose for this tag in the comments below. I’d love to read your suggestions 🙂